Makita, a pioneer in Brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 7-1/4” Circular saw kit (XSH06PT1). it’s powered by two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries for maximum performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like cutting sheet and dimensional lumber that traditionally called for a corded saw. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries with the XSH06PT1 As they use across the expansive Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool system. The XSH06PT1 has a long list of features for efficient cutting without the cord. The electronically-controlled Brushless motor delivers a full 6, 000 RPM for efficient cutting, with automatic speed Change™ technology to adjust the cutting speed and torque Under load for optimum performance. In internal testing, The XSH06PT1 Made up to 610 cross-cuts per charge in 2×4 SPF lumber and up to 320 crosscuts per charge in 2×10 SPF lumber using two fully-charged 5.0Ah batteries. Added features include a large 2-5/8” cutting capacity at 90 degrees, and an Electric brake for maximum productivity. The saw has a die-cast magnesium base and blade guard with die-cast magnesium base, blade guard and blade cover, which combines durability with less weight (only 10.5 lbs. With batteries). added features include a built-in dust blower to clean the line-of-cut, and a built-in tether notch (tether sold separately). it’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star protection Computer controls™. Star protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star symbol on the battery indicating Star protection inside.
- Powered by two LXT batteries; x2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL motor delivers 6, 000 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- x2 LXT technology delivers up to 610 crosscuts per charge in 2×4 SPF lumber and up to 320 crosscuts per charge in 2×10 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries