Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer Kit (model XRU09Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It’s powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL brushless motor, the trimmer delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. In addition, the string trimmer rotates in the same counter-clockwise direction as professional-grade trimmers, and uses industry standard spindles (M10x1.25 LH) for added convenience. Makita’s efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The XRU09Z features a Makita-built Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct drive that provides high power and increased torque. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 60 minutes of run-time on the low setting on a single charge. The String Trimmer features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power and increased torque
- 2-speed options (Low: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,500 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application. Cutting capacity (diameter) : 13-3/4 inches
- Bump and Feed trimmer head rotates the same counterclockwise direction as professional grade trimmers
- Delivers up to 60 minutes of run time under load on the low speed setting using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah BL1850 batteries (batteries not included)
- Accepts industry standard spindles M10x1.25 LH for more convenience